Syndicate Assembly Week 8
*The ASB Girls Soccer Tournament is to be held in week 10 of term 3
*Congratulations to the Y5/6 Girls and Boys hockey teams as they won the Central Zone trophy by coming 1st and 2nd respectively.
*Y5/6 Boys Hockey feedback:
“They took direction very well, and outplayed teams with players with much more experience by working well as a group, backing each other up and showing superior fitness (and bravery). They exhibited good sportsmanship on and off the field, supported the girls when possible and were a real credit to the Muritai School. Most importantly they all seemed to enjoy themselves and are all very keen to play again”.
*Water Polo – The finals are this week. Make sure that you check your emails for times etc.
*North Island Primary Schools Ski Championships – The following Y5/6 students took part in the championships last week: Tobias Knight, Max Hahn, and Mathew Jones.
· ‘Mean Green House’ competition
*Grace Allan, Ella Tait, Eva Oliver and Lauren Redpath (of Room 13) have been working on a project over that last few weeks, which they have entered into the ‘Mean Green House’ competition. They have put a lot of hardwork and effort into this project. You can see the video they made, as part of the project, on Room 13’s class blog.
· BP Technology Challenge
*Last week Muritai School sent 2 teams to the BP technology challenge. Pablo, Eden, Ella T, Charlotte W and Grace Ogilvie made up the Year 5/6 team. The team had great success, placing 3rd in the ‘known challenge’ section of the event.
· Enviro School
*The Enviro Team (Eden and Rosa) will be setting up a new compost bin for the students to start putting food scraps in to.
*The Y5/6 ‘Mathswell’ competition is this Thursday evening at Berhampore School in Wellington. We wish our team all the best!
Problem solving: Lauren, Mia, Max
Activity: Monty, Lucy, Liam
*You need to bring in all of the things you need for your costume by Monday of week 9. An email has been sent home explaining what is required.
· Y5/6 Speech finals are today. Good luck to all of the finalists!!!
*Room 11, 12 and 13 are coming to the end of the inquiry homework. All of the required homework is due in by Friday. Room 14 has an extra week as they started the inquiry homework a week later. There will be a NEW and improved version of homework starting in Week 9 and will include – Reading, Spelling, Mathletics, inquiry and an ‘Extra for Experts’.
· ‘Tell the teacher’:
*It is always important to ‘tell the teacher’ about any incidents that happen in or outside of the class. The teacher needs to be informed of things that are contrary to the class OR syndicate expectations.
* Free Parent Access!
You can register for free parent access so you can view your child’s progress and certificates. Visit www.mathletics.co.nz/parent Fill in the required fields and submit Record your new username and password. Each student’s Mathletics account holds information relating to individual results and progress.
Please ensure that your child is the only one to access and use their account.
· 4 C’s:
*Consideration (moving silently through the corridor during learning time) was last week’s goal. This week’s goal is Co-operation, we need to ensure that we co-operate with students and teachers through all of the production preparation.
Syndicate Assembly Week 7
· Macey Caughley (Bad Habits) and Harrison Summers (6 weeks in a wheel chair) presented their speeches
· Sports – Zone Hockey Tournament on Tuesday 28th August
· BP Challenge – Thursday 30th August
· Production – Help needed for the painting of the backdrops. Please contact Ms. Berry ASAP if your parents are able to assist.
· Speeches - Top 8 finalist to be confirmed by Tuesday and the FINAL will be held on Friday. An email with names, times and venue will be forwarded as soon as we make the final decisions.
Syndicate Assembly Week 6
- Hockey team is organised and slips need to be returned
- Girls football team still has opportunities available to participate
- Arts Club is up and running as an option for the Year 6 students.
- Speech Semi Final this Friday. Each class will be informed of their finalists by Wednesday.
- All classes inquiry homework underway...Keep referring to the marking schedule. And ASK A TEACHER if you have any concerns.
- Production practice starts today! You will need to be incredibly patient at times during this process.
- Some students had the opportunity to participate in the Hutt City Green Gold waste tour...With so many passionate students, it will be easy to continue our green gold path.
- Well done Year 6's earning 10 mins extra play for our syndicate!!! Keep up the good assembly behaviour.
- Focussing on being respectful and kind to all members of our school regardless of friendship circles. Remember: If a problem seems to big to sort out or continues...see a teacher.